History of Beltone Hearing Services
Founded in 1940 in Chicago, Beltone is a hearing aid company now headquartered in Glenview, Illinois. For over 75 years Beltone has been one of the largest, most advanced manufacturers and distributors of hearing aids. Beltone hearing services and products are available in the United States, Canada, and over 40 countries across the globe.
In North America, Beltone has over 1500 independently owned hearing care centers. Known as the “most trusted name in hearing care”, Beltone provides comprehensive hearing care, including hearing screenings, hearing aid fittings and follow-up care. In addition, Beltone offers a complimentary aftercare program called BelCare™, a program of ongoing care and protection that provides hearing care and hearing aid coverage. An annual hearing evaluation, toll-free patient-care telephone number, and coverage for loss or damage are among the BelCare benefits.
- 1940: Sam Posen opens Beltone in Chicago, Illinois and introduces the Model H hearing aid
- 1944: Beltone launches Mono-Pac , the first all-in-one hearing aid in the industry
- 1946: Beltone releases Harmony —the smallest hearing aid available at the time
- 1969: Beltone creates ear molds for astronauts in the space program to protect their hearing during lift-off and re-entry
- 1971: Beltone begins conducting hearing loss research and development at their headquarters
- 1979: Beltone opens for business in Canada
- 1983: Beltone introduces its first custom in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aid
- 1989: Beltone unveils the most powerful in-the-canal hearing aid available
- 2007: Marq becomes the smallest and most cosmetically “invisible” hearing aid in its class
- 2011: Beltone True is the first hearing aid with 2.4 GHz wireless technology and a set of functional upgrades that exceed industry standards for size and comfort
- 2013: Beltone releases its SmartRemote app for iPhone® and Android™ devices
- 2014: Beltone First™ hearing aids receive clear, clean sound streamed from your iPhone®.